Everything You Need To Know About Laravel 8
Laravel is an open-source PHP framework crafted to make developing web applications much easier and quicker through built-in features. The beneficial features like the modular packaging system make Laravel gain much popularity and is thus amongst the favorites of web developers. It is quite robust and even easy to understand.
This framework can drastically improve your productivity. It has a bunch of features that make it the most commonly used framework in the world of web development. Its features like Eloquent ORM, Views With Blade, Controllers, Routing, Simple Authentication, etc. is what makes Laravel among the top picks of web developers.
Some Hidden Treasures Of Laravel
We all are familiar with the basic features of Laravel. But there are several such hidden gems available at Laravel that are rarely talked about. Thus, get to know about them, they are mentioned as follows:-
- Cascading Views: Cascading views are available since v4.0.0. Views are able to cascade much the same as configuration files. Cascading views are immensely helpful when you are developing an extendable theming system.
- Collections: Collections are one of the best ways to interact with arrays. They make the task of managing arrays very easy and efficient. The variety of methods and interfaces possessed by Collections make the development quite easier and manageable.
- Sorting: The sorting features of Laravel helps in sorting out. Whether it is sorting in the section of articles or blogs, this feature can prove to be of great assistance.
- Filtering: Another feature quite similar to Sorting is Filtering. With this feature, you can filter out whatever you want and render just what is desired.
- Pagination: By making use of pagination, we can paginate our blogs and articles present on the website and make it look simplified.
So, apart from these hidden treasures of Laravel, the latest news is its update i.e. Laravel 8. It has recently been released and is coupled with numerous useful features. From introducing Laravel Jetstream to models directory, from model factory classes to migration squashing, Laravel 8 has truly witnessed some major changes. Some new features even include rate-limiting improvements, time testing helpers, dynamic blade components, among others.
Let us have a look at these features:-
Laravel Jetstream advances upon the existing Laravel UI scaffolding that was found in the previous versions. It provides an origin point for new projects, including login, registration, email verification, two-factor authentication, session management, API support via Laravel, and team management as well.
If your web application consists of multiple migration files, you can now squash them into a single SQL file. This file will be executed prior when running migrations, succeeded by any remaining migration files that are not part of the squashed schema file.
Time Testing Helpers
There has also been the feature of full control over time modification via the excellent Carbon PHP library in Laravel. The latest update in Laravel 8 has raised the bar by providing convenient test helpers for manipulating the time within tests.
Laravel 8’s application design includes an App/Models directory.
All the generator commands assume models subsist in app/Models.
Model Factory Classes
With much-enhanced support for relationships between factories, Eloquent model factories are now class-based starting in Laravel 8. The new syntax will help in generating records through the new and upgraded model factories.
Improved Rate Limiting
Laravel 8 with its update has brought among the improvements to prevailing rate-limiting functionality. It now comes up with supporting backward compatibility with the existing throttle middleware and offering considerably much more flexibility.
Dynamic Blade Components
For rendering a blade component dynamically at runtime, Laravel 8
now provides the <x-dynamic-component/> to render the component.
Since we are talking about Laravel 8, we would even like to throw some light some packages for building Laravel Apps. They are mentioned as follows:-
- Modules: If you are developing bigger applications, you can commence working with modules. Dividing the application function in modules is highly recommended. Maintain in mind to keep module entities, views, controllers, configs, routes, etc. in one place. Modules are advantageous as they offer code encapsulation, easy transfer in the codes, code generation, etc.
- Laravel 5 Form Builder: Using Laravel provides you the ease to separate definition from the HTML view. It is very easy to use, is supported with multiple form fields, offers child forms, forms as objects, and even easy to create custom form fields.
- Multi-tenant: If you are developing a SAAS application wherein each company possesses its own database, domain, subdomain, etc. and you want to keep everything in one code repo, using this package is the best for you. This package has multiple packages, domains, subdomains, supports queues, supports the separation of files storage, easily generates apache and Nginx configuration files, etc.
- Easy Flash Notifications: With this package, you can very easily notify a user about success, warning, or error. This package is easy to use, provides view customization, and even renders numerous multiple flash options like success, warning, error, modal, overlay, etc.
- Spatie Permissions: Spatie Roles & Permission is the best permission packages you can have. It offers benefits like roles, permissions, middleware, direct permissions, Artisan commands, etc.
- Laravel Activity Log: This package helps developers to track and trace what and when your users are creating and updating entities. This package even keeps data about the changes between entity versions. This package is easy to implement on an entity, stores all data about the creation and update with times and users, and even allows logs custom information.
- Laravel Menu package: This package is best for those who want to have easily changeable menu elements. It is not only easy to use but also provides shared across vies, is cachable, can populate data from the database among other several benefits.
- Persistent Settings: If your web application has multiple settings options like theme, logo, company settings, API settings, defaults, etc., using this package will help you save key values in the database. This package can be easily encrypted, cached, and its settings can have context as well.
So, if you want to make the most of the Laravel Framework and searching for a company that can help you build web applications based on Laravel, get in touch with Insta IT Tech.
Insta IT Tech creates high quality and high-performance web applications, by making the use of the Laravel framework.
Our team of experienced experts build quality applications with information technology tools and fulfill every requirement of our clients.
We even offer Custom Application Development and Quality Assurance to render the best web product to our clients. We offer fully secured, upgradeable, expandable Laravel Framework Development, Laravel Extension Development, Laravel Customization & Integration, Laravel Web Development, Laravel Support & Maintenance, to fulfill each and every need and demands of our clients. Visit https://www.instaittech.com/services/laravel-framework-development/ to know more about our services.