It is compulsory for businesses to reach out to target buyers online-nowadays. This explains why the eCommerce sector is flourishing. While you may get an eCommerce site developed by a veteran web development agency or designer- that is not enough. You need to deploy effective strategies to boost your brand’s sales online. The competition is cut-throat everywhere, and the buyers have plenty of options nowadays. So, ensure you use tried and tested eCommerce sales tactics to woo more buyers and enhance revenue.
Listed below are some effective eCommerce sales enhancement strategies that you can try:
- Build your brand awareness- It is crucial to develop a brand image and make efforts to enhance it in the mind-set of target customers. When the customers think of your brand respectfully, the result will reflect in sales and revenues. Brands with strong and positive images find it easy to get new buyers and retain existing ones. Their loyal customers also do word of mouth advertising and referrals. You have to focus on the quality of services and products to boost your brand image. At the same time, your brand has to be visible everywhere, in social media and relevant online platforms.
- Build email lists and deploy email marketing to stay engaged– Even in the era of Facebook and Twitter, the importance of using email marketing for boosting eCommerce sales has not been reduced. You will need to develop your email list with care. When you build your brand’s email list, you do not have to rely exclusively on social media platforms. You can use this list to interact with loyal customers repeatedly, and that often leads to repeat purchases. It is useful for targeting regular customers personally and nurturing the relationship your company has with them. Using third-party tools to develop email automation funnels is an option too.
- Meet your customers where they are on social media– There is no denying the massive popularity of social media platforms. People from all age groups use some social media platform or the other. Naturally, your brand customers are using these online platforms too! So, it is only prudent that you locate them on these online platforms. You can resort to tools for dynamic product ad retargeting on Facebook. Of course, you can target channels like YouTube and Twitter too. Running promotions on these channels can help in enhancing sales.
- Improve your conversion rate by testing, testing, and testing– There is no denying the fact that all visitors on your site are not buyers. Some of them browse by chance, others through search results. In any case, your focus should be on enhancing the viewer conversion rate. You can not do this overnight, but you have to keep trying. Continuous testing is the way to proceed, say the industry veterans. Try altering different sections of your eCommerce site and note the impact on viewer count and conversion rate. Try experimenting with aspects like button placement, fonts, calls to action and images, etc.
- Use data analysis to improve your strategy– Data analytics can help enhance online sales, beyond doubt. Resorting to dynamic and real-time segmentation of your buyers is useful in this regard. You can assess the pages they visit the most, the products that receive a maximum number of clicks, and vice versa. This helps you figure out the most preferred products and the products that are not much in demand. You can tweak your catalog accordingly and experience sales growth.
- Develop buyer personas and know who your customers are– You have to understand the customers better, and only then will you understand their needs better- it is that simple! So, you need to communicate with the customers more- in a consistent way. If you get to know what they seek, you can offer them matching products, and they remain loyal to your brand. Ask loyal customers for feedback through email. You will be amazed at the facets of services unveiled through their responses. You will also be able to learn about pitfalls in delivery, site design, and overall buyer- experience. Then, you can take up measures to improve those areas.
- Provide excellent customer service to improve customer loyalty– Your rival contenders have a customer support section too. You have to offer an exceptional level of service to retain and amaze the customers. The customers nowadays are busy, and they expect a quick resolution to their problems. This can be about getting to chat with a human agent fast and resolving product-related disputes or mismatches. Focus on reverting to the customers quickly, regardless of if he/she is a loyal or new customer. Walk an extra mile to make the customers happy. Giving an additional discount or cashback with product replacement is a good idea.
- Use shipping to your competitive advantage- All ecommerce sites ship products to customer locations. However, you can use shipping to your advantage and make the customers delighted. There are many ways to do that. To begin with, you can tie up with top logistics vendors to speed up product delivery. Try to offer free shipment for your products. It is a fact that people feel inclined to buy more when they do not have to spend extra on the shipment of products. You can also try offering promo codes to those buyers who are about to abandon the cart.
- Run strategic promotions on your website- Nearly every eCommerce site runs promotions from time to time. However, using promotions online strategically is what you need to do. For example, you can run flash sales on newly launched products for some time. Use social media channels to make the buyers aware of upcoming flash sales. You may also use special promotions in festive seasons, to boost sales volume. It is also a good idea to target specific types of customers with particular advertisements. For example, you may run special promotions for events like Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, and Good Friday, etc.
- Implement creative marketing tactics- Using the online platforms, you can use several innovative marketing tactics. You have to cater to all types of customers. Not everyone is looking for the cheapest deals! There are customers who look for useful product information on eCommerce sites before buying. Keeping a dedicated product blog section and guide to choose a product can be helpful. You may also deploy demo videos and testimonials to your advantage.
Summing it up
There are multiple ways to boost sales of your eCommerce website, as you can see. You have to keep trying to see which ones yield the best result. It is an on-going process, and you will learn as you experiment with various online sales enhancement tactics.