Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence are probably today’s most frequently used terms. There is no sector or industry in the world that has remained untouched by the technologies developed via machine learning and artificial intelligence.
But are you familiar with the technicalities and programming involved in developing tools coupled with machine learning and artificial intelligence? Well, if not, this blog is a small attempt to brief you about the same.
This blog is all about the programming language of Python and why it is considered to be the first choice of developers for building applications based on machine learning.
But before that, let us understand what does machine learning means.
Meaning Of Machine Learning
Machine learning is a subset of Artificial Intelligence.
Machine learning is an application of artificial intelligence that renders systems the capability to automatically learn and enhance from experience without being explicitly programmed manually. Machine learning focuses on the development of computer programs that can obtain data and use them to learn for themselves.
Machine learning involves a computer to be trained using a given data set, and use this training to foretell the characteristics of a given new data.
Many successful companies across the globe like Google, Amazon, LinkedIn, Facebook, etc. make the most of machine learning algorithms for collecting and utilizing data for providing better service to their users.
Applications Of Machine Learning
Following are some of the arenas wherein machine learning is used the most:-
- Image Recognition
- Traffic Prediction
- Email Spam and Malware Filtering
- Speech Recognition
- Online Fraud Detection
- Product recommendations
Popular Examples Of Companies That Use Python For Machine Learning
- Skyscanner: A big name in the travel sector, Skyscanner uses python machine learning applications for predicting the behavior of new airplane routes, evaluating timetables and patterns of passengers according to their visit to a destination, etc.
- Fintech: The Fintech firm uses machine learning for tasks and issues related to risk management, fraud prevention, automation, etc.
- Uber: For managing their day-to-day transport services, Uber makes the most of machine learning algorithms based on Python for functioning well.
Why Python Is Preferred Programming Language For Machine Learning?
There is usually a debate going on in the application development industry as to which language is the best for developing machine learning based applications. And the most commonly stated answer is the programming language of Python.
The reasons why Python is preferred by the developers are mentioned as follows:-
- Simplicity – Python is very easy to understand programming language. It is even simple to learn which makes it development-friendly for beginners as well.
- Capacity – Some developers state that Python is a bit slow programming language as compared to other languages but its data handling capacity is exceptional and better than others. Thus, this is one of the reasons why it is preferred by developers.
- Cross-Platform – The programming language of Python has the ability to interact with almost all third party languages and platforms. So, whether it is Windows, macOS, Linux, Unix, Python can be compiled with each of them easily. This is another reason it is preferred for building machine learning applications as it breaks the need for a certain platform.
- Libraries – Python offers a great choice of libraries. Python libraries render base-level items, thus developers do not have to code them manually every time from the beginning. Python’s libraries even let the developers access, handle, and transform data as well which simplifies their work.
- Flexible To Use – Using Python for machine learning is an excellent option as it is highly flexible. It works with both OOPs or scripting. Also, it requires absolutely no need to recompile the source code, which saves up the time of developers. Its imperative and functional style makes it a favorite of developers for crafting machine learning applications and systems.
- Readability – Machine learning applications based on the programming language of Python renders easy readability. Its algorithms, ideas, and tools, etc. are fairly easy to read and understand.
So, these were the prominent reasons why developers prefer to go for Python for building up their machine learning applications.
Hence, if you plan to have an application based on machine learning and wondering as to which programming language you should opt for, consider the above-mentioned beneficial reasons for using Python.
Contact a developer or a development company soon and avail all the benefits of using Python for developing machine learning based applications and systems.