Python Programming Language: An Introductory Guide
You must have heard about numerous programming languages that have been used today in the arena of web development and data science. One such language that has grabbed attention and has become a favorite of many is the programming language called Python.
We have created a complete blog as to what is Python, what is it used for, and why it should be used for web development. So, let us begin with the meaning.
What Is Python Programming Language?
Python is a popular programming language that was created by Guido van Rossum and launched in the year 1991. It is a highly used programming language that is used for web development, Artificial Intelligence, machine learning, operating systems, software development, mathematics, and system scripting as well.
Python is a general-purpose interpreted, interactive, object-oriented, and high-level programming language.
This language is compatible to work on different platforms like Windows, Mac, Linux, Raspberry Pi. It allows quick prototyping as it runs on an interpreter system. Also, Python can be used procedurally i.e. in an object-oriented way or a functional way as well.
This programming language can be used on a server to create web applications. And as an advantageous point, Python can connect to database systems and can also read and modify files too.
Prominent Attributes Of Python
Python is a great programming language that has numerous significant characteristics. The prominent ones are mentioned below:-
- Readable – Python is a simple language that is highly readable.
- Open Source – It is an open-source language.
- Easy To Learn For Beginners – Python is expressive and high-level programming which is quite easy to learn and work with, even for new developers.
- Cross-Platform And Portable Language – Python is a cross-platform language that can be used on multiple operating systems such as Mac, Windows, Linux, Unix, etc.
- Free Of Cost – Python programming language is absolutely free of cost and can be downloaded for free and used for the development of applications.
- Standard Library – Python has a large standard library that comes with numerous handy codes and even functions that can be used while writing codes and programs.
- Object-Oriented – Python supports an Object-Oriented technique of programming that encapsulates code within objects.
- Scripting Language – It can be used as a scripting language and can be compiled to byte-code for developing web applications of large size.
- Requires Less Maintenance – Python’s source code is remarkably quite easy-to-maintain.
- Memory Management – Python offers automatic memory management which does not demand a developer to clear the memory manually. It automatically does so for freeing up the memory.
- Extendable Language – You can add low-level modules to the Python interpreter. With these modules, programmers get to easily add or customize their tools.
Why Should Python Be Used By Developers?
Python is a highly versatile programming language. It should be used and given preference to by developers because:-
- It has readable and easily maintainable code.
- It is compatible to be used with major multiple platforms and systems.
- It consists of several open-source frameworks and tools.
- It has a large robust standard library.
- It supports various programming paradigms.
- It has the capability to simplify complex software development.
Applications Of Python
Python programming language has various applications and can be used for multiple purposes. Here are some of the notable examples of applications of this programming language:-
Web Development: Python offers many choices for web development. From web frameworks like Django and Flask to micro-frameworks such as Flask and Bottle, all these are based on Python. Python’s standard library supports many Internet protocols like HTML, XML, JSON, E-mail processing, etc.
Machine Learning: Python is a popular choice for developing machine learning applications like voice recognition and face recognition.
Game Development: Python is used for crafting and developing games and gaming graphics of possibly every genre. It has been widely used in the gaming development sector for years now.
Desktop Applications: For developing desktop applications, Python is usually the first choice of developers. By using the Python Standard Library, it becomes very easy to build and develop desktop applications.
Scripting: Scripting is basically writing small programs to automate simple tasks. For building such applications that can perform simple or automated tasks are often developed with the programming language of Python.
Data Analysis: For forming charts related to data visualization, data analysis, and several other parts of Data Science, Python is majorly used all over the world by developers.
Software Development: Python is usually used as a support language for software developers. For building control, testing, and even managing, Python is used frequently.
So, these were all the major arenas wherein the programming language of Python is used majorly.
If you want to make the most of this versatile programming language, you should consult a web developer or a web development company competent to use this programming language. With the versatility of Python, you can make probably all kinds of web applications. So, consider going through all the above-mentioned points and make a decision as Python can benefit you in multiple ways.