There has always been a debate doing the rounds in the web development market as to which one is better – Shopify or Squarespace? Some people prefer the former one and some the latter but how must you decide which one is the best for you?
Hence, for your ease, here is a blog mentioning all the competitive and comparative points between Shopify and Squarespace. Based on them, you can decide which one should you go for.
Let us begin by explaining what these two web development mediums are.
What Are Shopify And Squarespace Used For?
Squarespace and Shopify are both popular and wonderful tools for building a website. They both are specially used to build an e-commerce website. Both of them have been in prominent use for the past many years and have garnered much popularity in the multi vendor ecommerce portal website development market.
On the face of it, both Shopify and Squarespace look like similar products, but deep in the technicalities, they differ quite a lot. On one hand, while Squarespace has an intuitive, great page editor that helps you design and style beautiful pages along with a brilliant all-purpose website builder, Shopify on the other hand, is mainly used to build and power e-commerce websites. Its innovative features are amazing that have made designing an online store more convenient than ever.
So, which one is better? Which one should you go for shopify website development or squarespace website development? Let us analyze the two based on certain prominent points.
- Ease Of Use Shopify is straightforward to set up, manage, maintain and update regularly. Even if you are new to e-commerce, it would not seem tough to handle the same. It has a single dashboard where you can manage everything in one place. You can organize your products in it, customize your store to fit your brand as per your needs, receive payments, and trace and respond to orders. On the other hand, Squarespace is a platform that can be utilized by anyone. You just need to drag and drop a setup with a selection of templates/designs and add menus as per your requirements. It is an excellent, smooth and flexible medium to set up your website.
- Pricing Shopify has a bunch of offers and a variety of pricing packages. The most popular-priced packages are Basic $29 per month, and $79 per month. Squarespace too has good pricing and fees system. It offers two pricing packages that provide to build an online store. The basic plan costs £20 ($30) per month, and the advanced plan costs around £30 ($46) per month.
- Features And Tools Offered Shopify offers around 100 professional and free store themes that are fully mobile responsive, which makes your online store available on all devices. Also, it has a comprehensive set of reports that can be inspected and created as per the time and duration of your choice. Squarespace too has both free and paid-for templates that help in giving your website a prompt professional appeal and chic look.
- Integration Shopify has multichannel integration. A connection is available for a Facebook store in it along with the new additions on Instagram Shop-able Tags as well. In Squarespace, there are also integrations with platforms such as ShipStation, Xero, Eventbrite, PayPal, Open Table, Google Maps, and a lot many more.
- Reports And Analytics Shopify has a comprehensive set of reports that can be viewed and created for various time periods. Squarespace too has a complete set of reports that can be viewed as per a selection of statistics such as sales, traffic, engagement, etc.
- Help & Support System At Shopify, support teams are available 24/7 through email, live chat, and phone as well. And at Squarespace, 24/7 customer care via email is offered by using their support page. Along with that, it also has numerous guides, videos, forums, and webinars that help in solving squarespace website development issues.
Thus, these were all the significant points based on which you must see which e-commerce platform is good for you and fits all of your needs and requirements. Hence, go through the points one by one, see which one fulfills your choice, and build your website with it. Both of the platforms are excellent in their own way and are incredible mediums to create and develop a professional yet stylish e-commerce website.
So, this was all about Shopify v/s Squarespace. Make a wise choice to build your online store by considering all the above-mentioned points and let your e-commerce website go on flourishing heights.
Also, if you are searching for a company that can help you with both Shopify and Squarespace website development, get in touch with Insta IT Tech. The expert developers at the company can design, develop, and build a Shopify or even a Squarespace website as per your requirements. Just contact Insta IT Tech, communicate your website requirements, and leave the rest to the team. You will get delivered with exactly what you aspire.